The Civil Servants and Allied Workers of Zambia SACCOS LTD, was formed on 24th March 2017 to offer financial services to Public workers throughout Zambia. For a number of years, the Public Workers have not had a collective saving pool from which they could use to assist one another, in form of loans to fellow employees. The dependence on the employer to assist them with reasonable credit has met shortfalls along the way. The Government as the employer has now come up with policy statements by encouraging employees to form SACCOS in their respective departments. All the employees of Public Service are legible to be members. CSAWZ is strategically positioned to mobilize savings from the members and advance loans in order to bring about socio-economic welfare of its members.Mission and Vision
To improve the standard of living and increase the value of members through provisional of high quality finance products using modern technology.
To be a leading and model SACCOS in Zambia.
• integrity and Honesty
• Commitment to excellent customer service
• Unity of purpose and Teamwork
• Commitment to continuous improvement and Innovation
• Justice and fairness
• Zero tolerance to corruption
• Professionalism in leadership and governance of the SACCOS
• Transparency and accountability in aspects of SACCOS management
• Gender balance for equitable distribution of management responsibilities
• To promote thrift among its members by affording them an opportunity for accumulating their savings and deposits and create thereby a source of funds from which loans can be made available to them for purposes of providence or production or both at a fair and reasonable rate of interes
• To provide an opportunity for each of its members to improve their socio-economic and welfare conditions.
• To offer the members complementary savings and credit services and other financial services as may be required by members from time to time
• To ensure safety and soundness of the members’ funds through risk management programme or any other appropriate insurance scheme
• To ensure progress of its members by educating them continuously on proper use of credit.
• To perform all those functions and exercise those powers designated for Savings and Credit Co-operative Societies under the applicable law for the benefit of members.
• To co-operate with other co-operatives in order to promote members’ interest and in furtherance of this object, the Society may affiliate to National and International Co-operative Organizations
• To perform within the relevant law (the Act, the Rules) and these by-laws, all those acts, deeds and things necessary to further enhance, promote or encourage any or all of the foregoing purposes and objects provided that such acts, deeds and things are approved by the Annual General Meeting